Modern Weißenstadt - historic Weißenstadt. The historical center of town is listed in its entirety because of its cultural and historic relevance to the city.
Listed Ensemble Weißenstadt
Enclosure: Gartenstraße – Am Stadtgraben – An der Stadtmauer
When Weißenstadt officially became a town in the middle of the 14th century, a ring wall and trench were added. Barely any parts of the wall are visible today.
The few parts that are left can be found near Kapellengäßchen 21 and 23, Pfarrgäßchen 3 and 5 and near Schloßgässchen 4. In 1823, Weißenstadt was completely destroyed by fire. The government ruled that the streets should be improved, but the foundation walls should be reused wherever it was possible. The planned city complex with Kirchenlamitzer Straße (serving as the midrib), and the extensive, rectangular town square did not originate in the reconstruction. Within the shield-shaped outline however, the streets appear rectangular. The late gothic church tower and continuous rows of two-storied houses maintain the biedermeier style of the reconstruction following the fire of 1823.
The countless views over the extensive Fichtelgebirge landscape are a defining characteristic of Weißenstadt. The listed ensemble includes the rows of barns near Am Ehrenhain and Kirchenlamitzer Straße.
Evangelic City Church
The nave has a romanesque core. It has a late gothic chancel and tower. The nave and chancel were restructured during the early 18th century and had to be restored after the great fire in 1823.
Heilige Dreifaltigkeit (Holy Trinity)
Basic Structure from the second half of the 16th century, remodeled 1707/1708.
Cath. Church St. Maria Immaculata
1934 nach Plänen von Georg Berlinger errichtet, mit Ausstattung.
The church was built according to Georg Berlinger’s plans in 1934.
Only small parts of the late medieval city fortification can still be seen today in the following locations:
Kapellengäßchen 21 und 23
Pfarrgäßchen 3 und 5
Ground Monument Rudolfstein
Only one ground monument is known within the Weißenstadt area. The so-called “Burgstall Rudolfstein” is located approximately 3,3 km/ 2.1 miles south-south-westwards of Weißenstadt.